cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Simpleton Sitemap question
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 15:43:26 GMT
David Duddleston wrote:

> [...]

Please read the Servlet 2.2. spec. which we have commited to at "11.6
Server Tracking of Authentication Information". There you see why it is
better to leave authentication at the container level.

If "Many Web Apps" still use their own Form based authentication it's
almost because there was no infrastructure available to do this at the
container level when those apps where written.

And because there are so many different possibilities to do
authentication we shuld leave it to the container and not reimplement
our own.

Giacomo