cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WAR file
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 18:27:03 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> David Duddleston wrote:
> >
> > Oh 3 more suggestions
> >
> > 1: The XSP repository directory could default to WEB-INF/tmp/repository.
> > Once again taking advantage of getRealPath()
>
> Yup!
>

> > 2: If we could figure out a way to _NOT_ have to have all the .jar files in
> > the Tomcat path, then we could have a very clean Cocoon2 Web Application and
> > it should be truely plug and play.
>
> If someone can point me to how this can be achieved I'll do it! But now
> I have no idea how we can solve that problem (because I don't have that
> much knowledge about java internals)

It's almost trivial on Java 1.2, almost impossible on Java 1.1.

Again, should we target for Java 1.2? The BSD folks will kill me :)

> > Anyways, this is due to XSP compilation
> > right?
>
> Yes.
>
> > I'm assuming that even user created classes and other library classes
> > that are are called (import my.java.SomeClass) within an XSP pages will also
> > need to be included in the Tomcat class path?
>
> Also yes.

Same as above.

> > 3: Have an entry in sitemap for "/" with links to /hello and
> > /simple-page.xsp, plus have the page state that all URLs must have an entry
> > in the sitemap to function.
>
> Hey, this is pre-alpha software and I know there is much to be done. We
> know some functionality does not work as expected so please be patient
> with us. We first have to materialize the sitemap proposal to know how
> things should realy work.

Right, don't start asking for polished things before even we have an
alpha release, ok? It makes it easier for everyone (anyway, help is
always appreciated)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.