cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: WAR file
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 16:21:24 GMT
"Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA)" wrote:

> > Oh 3 more suggestions
> >
> > 1: The XSP repository directory could default to
> > WEB-INF/tmp/repository.
> > Once again taking advantage of getRealPath()
>
> Would this work in a war file though? Shouldn't it use the
> tomcat work directory - but then we can't assume we're using
> tomcat - i'd still go for File.createTempFile() if we are ok
> with assuming jdk 1.2

No, I would have it as 1.1 as possible. I think there is nothing against
a WEB-INF/repository in the context root because cocoon will create the
rpository directory and the WEB-INF directory will be created by the war
file. The error reposted occurs because cocoon wanted to create the
directory /tmp/repository but unfortunately even the /tmp directory was
not existant.

Giacomo