cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <>
Subject Re: XSP Installation Proposal (was RE: WAR file)
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:30:17 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> If there is a technological reason why XSP cannot be reachitected to
> allow
> it to run in the auto-loaded version (cocoon.jar in WEB-INF/lib--not in
> the main CLASSPATH), then I propose that we separate out the offending
> classes into a separate jar file.  We would then have C2 create the
> cocoon.jar
> file _and_ an xsp.jar file.  The install instructions would require the
> xsp.jar
> file to be in the main CLASSPATH, and cocoon and all the other support
> jars can remain auto-loaded.

I know it looks like I'm feeding my own thread, but I had a thought
about how such a change would impact C2 package heirarchy.
If we were to create two files (cocoon.jar and xsp.jar), then all the
jars in {package root}/lib that are necessary for runtime could be
moved into /WEB-INF/lib.  The build.xml file would have to be
modified to point to their new home, but it makes the installation
even easier.  The 'dist' target would additionally copy cocoon.jar
into the /WEB-INF/lib directory.

Even better: build.xml could have a new target--install-tomcat.
It would package up the WAR file (including the jars in
/WEB-INF/lib) and plop it into $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps!

View raw message