cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA)" <ch...@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Subject RE: WAR file
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:17:20 GMT
> Well, it is a matter of opinion somewhat. IMHO I think it is
> better to try
> and keep everything in the Web apps directory just for a
> matter of better
> seperation/organization and the WEB-INF directory serves the
> purpose well.

Yeah, but what I meant was that if the war file is zipped,
you can't create repositories in it can you?

On a related point, the war file is great for a demo, but to
be able to write your own xml stuff you will need to unzip
it in the webapps directory, for the sake of completenesss
we should mention that also.

chris.

> > > Oh 3 more suggestions
> > >
> > > 1: The XSP repository directory could default to
> > > WEB-INF/tmp/repository.
> > > Once again taking advantage of getRealPath()
> >
> > Would this work in a war file though? Shouldn't it use the
> > tomcat work directory - but then we can't assume we're using
> > tomcat - i'd still go for File.createTempFile() if we are ok
> > with assuming jdk 1.2

-- Chris Stevenson ----------------------- SSABSA --
Senior Secondary Assessment Board of South Australia
60 Greenhill Road, Wayville SA 5034, Australia
email: chris@ssabsa.sa.gov.au
phone: (08) 8372 7515
  fax: (08) 8372 7590