cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <ne...@one.lv>
Subject one more sitemap idea
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2000 14:55:59 GMT

I have been thinking about total website/webapp localization...
including content and URLs.
Content is pretty straightforward, just a matter of choosing the most
appropriate implementation.

However, what is more tricky, is localizing the URL.
What I would like to have is the following URL's to be equivalent
/user/add (english)
/kasutaja/lisa (estonian)

Why would I want this in the first place? I want to give users the
possibility of having "friendly" URLs, instead of URLs like Amazon.com
uses that don't mean anything for most humans.

What would be the best way to achieve this with Cocoon2 sitemap? One way
would be to add duplicate <process> tags for each language. This would
be messy, however. Could we instead allow to have more than one URI
specified for one <process> tag? Something like this:
<process uri="user/add" uri="kasutaja/lisa">
or
<process>
    <uri>user/add</uri>
    <uri>kasutaja/lisa</uri>
</process>

Last one would actually be better, then I could also do:
<process>
    <uri xml:lang="en">user/add</uri>
    <uri xml:lang="ee">kasutaja/lisa</uri>
</process>
(Not sure of the syntax of xml:lang attribute)

Comments?

Neeme