cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <ne...@one.lv>
Subject RE: Cocoon2 Design
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:55:52 GMT

can you give some example of this?

> > Ok, maybe I got too carried away ;-)
> > I just read from some previous post that Cocoon2 sitemap
> could/should
> > handle also URL rewriting? So I was trying to imagine how this would
> > work...
>
> It won't do rewriting but internal redirections. Anyway, it's
> too early to tell, we are still designing those pieces.

I like the idea of "internal redirection", this is basically what I like
about Turbine actions: that I can return a different page based on my
specific logic.

Actually, now I start to see a little bit, what you meant with "Turbine
Actions look a lot like Cocoon2 matchers". But I still would love to see
this exemplified.

> Well, ECS could be updated to return SAX events.... but then you must
> make Turbine aware of SAX and make it a generator.... so if you do, it
> becomes an XTurbine :)

;-)
And this is almost the target we are aiming at... but I think it will be
easier just to take parts of Turbine and integrate them to Cocoon that
to rewrite whole Turbine into XTurbine (and the end result would still
be even bigger hack than now).

> I believe the latest Cocoon2 sitemap WD I recently proposed clones
> everything that Turbine has, while adding much more flexibility in the
> separation of concerns side of things.
>
> But this is, as always, my personal opinion. We need to test it on the
> field to find out.

yep, I agree with you... but I still don't have a clear picture how
sitemap would replace Turbine. As I already said, I would love to see an
example of this...

Neeme