cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Sitemap revised again
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:20:56 GMT

--- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > --- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > How? the matcher/choosers are pluggable, and they are the only one that
> > > _know_ the semantics of the test/patterns they use. How can we compile
> > > those tests if we don't know the logic behind them?
> > >
> > > The code factories I proposed generate code for the entire class....
> > > yes, they could generate code for a single method just as well...
> > > hmmmm.... I'm afraid of creating too many contracts between the sitemap
> > > and the matchers....
> >
> > Hmm... I see. Because the test/pattern values are ordinary strings, we can't process
them with
> > logicsheet. We should have access to the factories itself at sitemap code-generation
time to
> get
> > the source code to incorporate into the final sitemap class.
>
> Exactly.

So how about using the Matcher/Chooser factories as XSLT extensions to get to the source code?
think this need us to generate the stylesheet to apply first to fill in the factory classes
in the
templates to generate the macher/chooser code.

What do you all think, could that be a way to go?

Giacomo

=====