cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Sitemap revised again
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:50:09 GMT

--- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > Ok, cloning URLConnection of standard protocols and writing new ones for
> > protocols not supposted by Java (ie CVS), right?
>
> Yes. Hopefully calling what already exists. The HTTPURLConnection is a
> real pain in the ass to write...

Of course reusing what already exists. .

> while the FileURLConnection (on both
> 1.1 and 1.2) doesn't implement the last-modified-time call and this
> forced me to use both File and URL in Cocoon1 (which ended up having to
> cast Objects to one or the other in different cases... yuck...)

Could be solved by a org.apache.**.FileURLConnection extending the malicious FileURLConnection,
am
I right?

> > Why you propose to compile the tests when needed? Shouldn't they be
> > compiled when the sitemap will be regenerated and compiled?
>
> How? the matcher/choosers are pluggable, and they are the only one that
> _know_ the semantics of the test/patterns they use. How can we compile
> those tests if we don't know the logic behind them?
>
> The code factories I proposed generate code for the entire class....
> yes, they could generate code for a single method just as well...
> hmmmm.... I'm afraid of creating too many contracts between the sitemap
> and the matchers....

Hmm... I see. Because the test/pattern values are ordinary strings, we can't process them
with a
logicsheet. We should have access to the factories itself at sitemap code-generation time
to get
the source code to incorporate into the final sitemap class.

> Ricardo, any comment about code generation compilation of
> sitemap/matchers/choosers?

Yes, Ricardo, would appriciat, too!

> Maybe it's becoming the golden hammer for me, but I'm so lazy that XML +
> XSLT + javac are much better at writing interpretation software than I
> am :)

+1!

Giacomo

=====