cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XSP in Cocoon 2
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:10:02 GMT

--- Gabor Dolla <agdolla@mezon.net> wrote:

> I also tried to use XSP with Cocoon2 with little success
> I'm missing the request (javax.servlet.HttpRequest), response
> (javax.servlet.HttpResponse) and session
> (javax.servlet.HttpSession) variables.... those are available in XSP with
> Cocoon1.
>
> Are those variables missing because XSP has changed or it is simple needs
> to be ported ?

In Cocoon2 the request and response objects available in the XSP page a wrappers to the
javax.servlet.HttpRequest/HttpResponse objects. This is needed to abstract them. Remember
that it
must be able to use Cocoon2 as a service not only for servlets (i.e. as a commanline command,
in a
mail server environment).

The missing pieces you mentioned are not yet ported to Cocoon2 (i.e. Session object).

Giacomo

=====