cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Sitemap revised again
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:02:51 GMT

--- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> 1) resource loading model

<snip/>

> Anyway, today we follow the namespace pattern
>
>  <generator type="parser" src:file="c:\program files\mydocs\file.xml"/>
                                ^^^^??

> indicatest that the "jar" protocol should be used to get the resource.
                       ^^^^??

> Now, I propose to use the java.net.URL method to do this.

Can we make the URLConnections classes pluggable as CocoonComponents (to define a protocol
like
sap://sapmachine.my.org") without restarting the JVM? If so, they should be plugged in into
cocoon.xconf and not in sitemap.xmap because of security reasons.

> 3) Matchers and Choosers

<snip/>

> Ok, you say, but this is going to be slow! Right, so here we keep going
>
>  public interface CompiledChooser implements Component {
>    public boolean evaluate(...);
>  }
>
> then
>
>  public interface ChooserFactory {
>    public String generateCode(String test);
>  }

<snip/>

> the matcher interface is similar to the Chooser one but different
>
>  public interface Matcher implements Component {
>    public Map match(String pattern, ...);
>  }
>
> and can follow the same compilable model for Choosers
>
>  public interface CompiledMatcher implements Component {
>    public Map match(...);
>  }
>
> and
>
>  public interface MatcherFactory {
>    public String generateCode(String pattern);
>  }

Now we have more than one Factory which generates or compiles code the next question is "should
we
compile the hole Sitemap"? I remember this was metioned some times ago.

Giacomo

=====