cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Alejandro P. Revilla" <...@cs.com.uy>
Subject Re: C2 Logging
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:09:20 GMT
I'm reposting, my original reply didn't get thru (although my qmail says :
Jun 11 13:06:37 csdev qmail: 960739597.708046 delivery 613: success: 63.211.145.10_accepted_message./Remote_host_said:_250_ok_960739596_qp_17133/
).
Sorry if you end up with two different messages (I didn't saved my original
reply...:blush: )

> Uh, found this very old message I flagged for comment. Sorry. Better
> later than never :)

Nice to get a response. Thanks!

> Sounds very much like Avalon's Omero, doesn't it?

Not really. Omero seems to be "LogLevel" based. jPOS's logger
is tag based, you can always use <information>, <warning>, <debug>
and it's up to your LogListener to filter and format desired messages.

It can be easily adapted to generate SAX events that would simplify
custom LogListeners creation.

> Hmmmm, kind of verbose.

It's up to your LogListener to filter and format
desired messages. Your logged Objects may implement
Loggeable with a not-so-verbose output.

> Hmmmm, may create performance problems.

LogListeners can be decoupled from Logger thread (OperatorLogListener
actually does that to avoid delays while sending and batching e-mail
messages). You can even check for listeners (Logger.hasListeners()
method) to avoid LogEvent creation.

> Ok, Fede, take a look and contact Alejandro if interested.

Hey, no rocket science here :-), it's extremely simple, you can
give it a simple look and possibly cut-and-paste a few lines of
code (i.e. some parts of OperatorLogListener can be used
to replace those "Fill me" on Omero's MailToWriter).

> (Cocoon2 will probably use Avalon so the logging part will be inherited
> directly)

I'm sure that's the way to go.

--Alejandro