cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@simba.pwr.ch>
Subject Re: WAR file
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 19:00:37 GMT
On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 10:27:57AM -0700, David Duddleston wrote:

> > > 3: Have an entry in sitemap for "/" with links to /hello and
> > > /simple-page.xsp, plus have the page state that all URLs must
> > have an entry
> > > in the sitemap to function.
> >
> > Hey, this is pre-alpha software and I know there is much to be done. We
> > know some functionality does not work as expected so please be patient
> > with us. We first have to materialize the sitemap proposal to know how
> > things should realy work.
>
> Sorry. Just making suggestions based on previous C2 installation questions.
> Like... "I entered http://host/cocoon/ and it told me it can't find the
> resource xyz".

I wouldn't be offensive but I think we are doing stuff too far beond the current status of
cocoon2. I know http://host/cocoon/ isn't working. So what! It is indeed incomplete. And we
all should know this. That's why we cannot make an incomplete system work correctly.

I think we fight agains sympthoms but we have to eliminate the cause.

Giacomo