cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Parker" <rob...@webcybernetics.com>
Subject Re: SQLFilter: Not expecting an end value element
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 01:30:08 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: Donald Ball <balld@webslingerZ.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>; Rob Parker <robert@webcybernetics.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 1:54 AM
Subject: Re: SQLFilter: Not expecting an end value element

> er, no, well, i haven't touched sqlfilter in a long while. flip me a page
> with your prob and i'll take a peek - or dig into source yerself -

This throws the error...

<page xmlns:sql="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/SQL">
  <title>Hello</title>
  <content>
    <para>This is my first Cocoon2 page filled with sql data!</para>
    <execute-query xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/SQL">
      <query>
        select NAME, NICK_NAME from WINERY
      </query>
    </execute-query>
  </content>
</page>

The problem is that on receipt of end element 'content', the filter is in
the 'OUTSIDE' state.
It has been set to the OUTSIDE state by the end of the query execution. Thus
on endElement,
it is expecting to be in the STATE_INSIDE_VALUE_ELEMENT.

If I change the page to...

<execute-query xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/SQL">
    <query>
      select NAME, NICK_NAME from WINERY
    </query>
 </execute-query>

Then it kinda works - as in I get the serialized result set back.

So as I see it, the SQLFilter seems to need to push states onto a stack, so
any
further insights would be useful. However I'll keep debugging :-)