cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "N. Sean Timm" <st...@mailgo.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon2.0a1 starts to take shape
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 05:47:18 GMT
Thus spake Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.Pati@pwr.ch>:
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > > Anyway, should we make an alpha distribution?
>
> -1
> I think it's still too early.
>
> Giacomo

If the sitemap implementation isn't implemented per the last sitemap
discussion,
I would also have to say -1.  I don't see any point in releasing an alpha
version
of something that we've already decided isn't how it is going to be
implemented.
At least basic sitemap functionality as we've decided upon seems like a
critical
part of any release we might make.  Once this is achieved, I'm all for it.

It's important to release early and often, but it's also important to
release
responsibly, and I think a release at this time would be detrimental to the
cause.

- Sean T.