cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject [C2] Broken build?
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2000 11:39:05 GMT
Typical.  I spend the morning merging my image patches with the latest C2,
and when I try to build it, I get this exception:

Starting Ant...
Buildfile: build.xml
Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
Cannot load class SAXParserFactory class
"org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"
        at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:153)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.getParserFactory(ProjectHelper.java:513)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.parse(ProjectHelper.java:102)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:86)

Sure enough, the class isn't there.  Is my check out of the tree corrupt, is
the Xerces jar not complete or do I need another jar from Xerces?

Talking of merges, does anybody know of a graphical way of merging two
directories (I want a graphical view of the two trees showing me the
differences, the ability to merge changes and a text editor to allow me to
edit the same file in each tree at the same time.  Ideally for Linux, but a
Windoze solution might do.

Regards,
Ross