cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject [C2] Image encoding
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 19:25:22 GMT
Hi,

Well, I'm about to start working on improving the image encoding model in
Cocoon 2.  I abstracted the image encoding from the serializers, but the
patches for that got lost in Pier's computer.

I'm about to work on improving this and writing some SVG transforming
filters (and possibly a taglib), but I though I better go over the
architecture first.

Classes:

The main interface is ImageEncoder (implements Component), which defines one
method: encoder(BufferedImage image, OutputStream stream).  I think this is
fine.

Configuration:

<serializer type="svg2png" mime-type="image/png"
src:class="org.apache.cocoon.serializer.SVGSerializer">
    <param name="encoder" value="png" />
</serializer>

<component role="png-encoder"
src:class="org.apache.cocoon.components.image.PNGEncoder">
    <param name="interlaced" value="true"/>
    <param name="filter" value="adam7"/>
    <param name="color-depth">24</param>
</component>

All configuration for the encoder needs to be specified in the encoder
declaraction, otherwise the component manager cannot access the information.

A few days ago Sun released the first preview of the Image I/O library, I
hope this is far better than the standard JPEG encoder in the JDK and Java
Advanced Imaging (which was huge).

Any comments on this configuration?

Ross Burton