cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Re: [C2] parser.jar
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:30:42 GMT
> > Just noticed: parser.jar is not needed to build Cocoon 2 - Ant uses JAXP
but
> > the full Xerces.jar file has JAXP support built in.

> If I remove parser.jar I have no chance to build cocoon2. Did you
eventualy have parser.jar in
> your classpath? A "build" gives me the following error:

> javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl
> at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:84)
> at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.getParserFactory(ProjectHelper.java:513)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.parse(ProjectHelper.java:102)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java, Compiled Code)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java, Compiled Code)
> Exception in thread "main"

I'll check later to make sure I am not going mad, but when I editied
build.sh so that it didn't import my classpath, I only got errors from Jikes
being unable to find java/lang  -  the XML was parsed fine.  Do you have a
copy of JAXP in your classpath - that is included in Xerces too.

Ross