cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kirk Woerner" <k...@unus.com>
Subject Cocoon.java - Cocoon2.0
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 05:48:29 GMT
I find it difficult to believe this but this was not working for me on
Windows NT and Tomcat 3.1.  The constructor "Cocoon( String config )"

was not working when you gave it a string like

D:\Tomcat\webapps\ROOT\cocoon.xconf

(The Xerces parser was throwing FileNotFound)  I read in the Xerces FAQ that
this is a known problem, the reason being it isn't a valid URI.  In this
function I changed

p.parse(new InputSource(this.configurationFile.getPath()));

p.parse(new InputSource(this.configurationFile.toURL().toExternalForm()));

and it fixed my problem.  That is, rather than take the File object and get
the system dependant file name, make it a URL and get the string rep of it.

Hope this helps