I've been playing around with cacheing SAX Events. My motivation was to
implement something similar to the FileGenerator - without the overhead
of reading/parsing a file every request.

Option 1 - cacheing the file contents as a String and parsing the String at
each request. (Uses memory but removes the file read overhead.)

Option 2 - parse the file once and build a list of 'pointers to callback functions' using
the Method class, at each request, just run through the list and call the invoke method.
(Uses less memory than option 1 and may be faster)

In my experience, If virtual callback methods are used, option 2 is slightly slower than option 1. If static
callback methods are used, option 2 is much quicker than option 1.

If this is of value to any Cocoon developers, then let me know.

regards

Rob