cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Ulrich Niedermann <niederm...@isd.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon CVS repository permission
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 22:00:00 GMT
Kevin Sonney <kevin@webslingerz.com> writes:

> On 25 May 2000, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:
> > build.bat has x-bit set     -> unnecessary   -> CVS repos?
> > build.sh has no x-bit set   -> should be set -> CVS repos?
>
> These are win32 addition problems. - win says .sh isn't exec, and .bat is,
> so that's how the cvs client added them. I *TINK* this can be corrected
> with the right checkins, or by removing the files & re-adding them. Quite
> frankly, though, I can do a "sh build.sh" just as easily as a "./build.sh"

I can, too. But these are the kind of things that tend to irritate
lots of new users. I think the x-bits should be set better before
Cocoon2 hits the mainstream. It will probably prevent dozens of Mails
on cocoon-users.

Of course, from a technical point of view, we should rather get
Cocoon2 out of the door first. :-)

As soon as you gurus have created some code that compiles, I'll be
happy to look for bugs and document undocumented features as I learn
how to use them.

> > lib/bin/antRun has no x-bit -> should be set -> CVS repos? or build.xml
>
> If you check build.sh, this get set at runtime.

Oh sorry. I have overlooked this.

Uli