cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Ulrich Niedermann <niederm...@isd.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject Re: [Cocoon 2] build.bat, build.sh old versions
Date Mon, 29 May 2000 20:37:13 GMT
Giacomo Pati <pati_giacomo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Does anybody know what exactly happens if someone with an old CVS
> repository on disk does a "cvs commit"?

> Does this change back newer thing to the old one? Makes it practical
> sense to do a "cvs update" prior to a "cvs commit" (or does this
> change revisions made locally back to the older version from the
> cvs?)

According to the Cederqvist manual, "cvs update" should be run before
a commit (this is at least how I interpret the Cederqvist). "cvs
update" merges your own changes with changes other people could have
made in the repository - in your local copy of the files. CVS then
tells you which files contains conflicts, marks them within the
text. Then you can resolve the conflicts and use "cvs commit" to check
the file into the repository.

Uli