cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric SCHAEFFER" <eschaef...@posterconseil.com>
Subject Cocoon-1.7.3 - init bug
Date Tue, 09 May 2000 09:41:43 GMT
Hi,

I think it's a little bug:

In Cocoon.java, when you use a servlet 2.1 container, you try to load the
config file using the servlet context, but if an error occured, you just trap
the error and execute the rest of the code. I think you should return (or
throw an exception)...

(l.126)        } catch (Exception ex) {
                   exception = ex;
                   message = "Unable to open resource: " + confsName;
                   //// TEST ////
                   return;
                   //// TEST ////
               }

Eric.

PS: when using the servlet context, the path is "relative" to the context
root. I wonder if it's a good thing:
I've installed Cocoon in a separate directory, where I put all my java
packages, with a subdir for each one (jimi, bsf, cocoon, xerces, xalan,
etc...). With this "feature", I must put the Cocoon properties file in a root
context subdir (Web-inf for example). Thus, the jar file and the properties
file aren't at the same place...
Of course, we can consider that the config file is specific to my context, but

_______________________________________

Eric SCHAEFFER
eschaeffer@posterconseil.com

POSTER CONSEIL