cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: XLink Processor for Cocoon
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 14:14:56 GMT
On Thu, 18 May 2000, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> On Wed, 17 May 2000, Donald Ball wrote:
>
> > Hey, that's not bad at all! Would you care to comment on the pros and
> cons
> > of using XLinks v.s. XIncludes?
> >
> > - donald
> >

> XInclude is used for including things, XLinks is used for describing links
> between documents. These are two completely different things. However,
> with XLink it's possible to specify that something should be shown
> "embedded", so that it appears to be included.

Right - which is all I thought, from a cursory inspection, that your
processor did (process embedded links). Do you have a notion on whether or
not it's preferable to use XLinks or XIncludes to include fragments of
other documents? What else does your XLink processor do - I must have
missed the point.

- donald