cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: [Cocoon 2.0] Beta Version on the 19th?
Date Mon, 15 May 2000 16:43:06 GMT
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Paul Russell wrote:

> On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 05:17:08PM -0700, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:
> > Ok... I know it... I'm not a good project manager...
>
> Heh. I've seen (been?) a lot worse mate.
>
> > I'm committing al my changes next week (after finishing the integration
> > of Ricardo's XSP in my code), rolling what i would call a "beta" version
> > for the 2.0 and then giving back the lead to someone else (since i've
> > proven myself not to be a good leader)...
> > it's pointless to say anything else right now, but showing you the code
> > i wrote, and committing it on the CVS (my deadline is the 19th!)
>
> Is there any danger of a sneek preview? I'm guessing I'll have
> to reintegrate the offline widget into the new code before that
> comes anyway near getting into CVS :/
>
> I could really do with getting CocoonOffline into CVS so that I
> can track CVS properly without messing around with patches etc
> etc... As I said, there's a newer version sitting on my machine
> with considerably less bugs if you're ready for it. Failing that
> I guess I'll have to wait until the beta comes out, re-integrate
> then and give you the code back again?

Thus, the problem with offline development. Hey Pier, I'd personally
prefer you to continually check in the development code in CVS. I mean,
hell, it's an alpha branch, it doesn't bother me if it doesn't work or
even compile, but it does allow the rest of us to play in the repository
too. Might even mean less work for you in the long run. Hell, I'd be +1 to
have Paul check in his patches now unless it'd really mess you up.

- donald