cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: ready for 1.7.3
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 19:30:35 GMT
On Fri, 5 May 2000, Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:

> > Furthermore, XSLT
> > parameter values, at least in Xalan, are interpreted according to the
> > rules for XPath expressions, so values that contained '$', for instance,
> > were causing cocoon to fail since Xalan couldn't resolve the "variable".
>
> Hmm... let me clarify.  They are passed from the command line as
> expressions.  From the API, you can either do:
>
> public void setStylesheetParam(String key, XObject value);
>
> ...passing it in a XObject of some type, so:
>
> processor.setStylesheetParam("foo", processor.createXString("a string"));
>
> or you can use:
>
> public void setStylesheetParam(String key, String expression);
>
> ...in which case the second argument is an expression and not a string.
>
> I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but if you're passing strings the
> first call would probably be better than trying to quote.

AH! processor.createXString is _exactly_ what we needed to be doing. Just
for your edification - Stefano added a little routine to cocoon to
automatically pass HTTP request parameters in to the XSLT processor as
XSLT parameters - but some people were having trouble because their HTTP
request parameter values contained dollar signs and such. I patched
XalanTransformer with your suggestion and we should be 100% now.

Since 1.7.3 hasn't been officially released yet and people are having
trouble with the zip anyway, I'll take it upon myself to regenerate the
packages with this last little patch applied.

- donald