cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: ready for 1.7.3
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 05:11:30 GMT
On Fri, 5 May 2000, Kevin O'Neill wrote:

> Would you like to share the "talk" :) "XSLT parameter stuff" has got me a
> little stuffed also.

I reckon I can get it right. XSLT parameter names must be valid XML
QNames, so I wrote in a routine to not import into XSLT those HTTP request
parameters whose names aren't valid XML QNames. Furthermore, XSLT
parameter values, at least in Xalan, are interpreted according to the
rules for XPath expressions, so values that contained '$', for instance,
were causing cocoon to fail since Xalan couldn't resolve the "variable".

We went back and forth for a little while over whether or not this was the
correct thing for Xalan to be doing. The consensus was a firm maybe. Scott
said they might revisit the issue for Xalan-1.1, but that for the time
being the safest thing to do was wrap incoming values in quotes to force
them to be considered strings. I have the nagging feeling that the quoting
algorithm that was suggested isn't going to work in all cases, but I can't
work on it anymore right now and I don't want to hold up 1.7.3 any longer.

- donald