cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From mclin...@informed.net
Subject Re: [wanna laught?] Microsoft invented XML
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 15:27:31 GMT

> I don't think that Microsoft really said
> this... probably just a bad author who
> didn't do his research >|

Agreed. But it took me a half a minute to find:

http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210

and Lo and Behold! it says:

"XML was developed by an XML Working Group (originally known as the SGML
Editorial Review Board) formed under the auspices of the World Wide Web
Consortium (W3C) in 1996."

and in the Appendix identifies the Working Group as:

 "Jon Bosak, Sun (Chair); James Clark (Technical Lead); Tim Bray,
Textuality and Netscape (XML Co-editor); Jean Paoli, Microsoft (XML
Co-editor); C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, U. of Ill. (XML Co-editor); Dan
Connolly, W3C (W3C Liaison); Paula Angerstein, Texcel; Steve DeRose, INSO;
Dave Hollander, HP; Eliot Kimber, ISOGEN; Eve Maler, ArborText; Tom
Magliery, NCSA; Murray Maloney, Muzmo and Grif; Makoto Murata, Fuji Xerox
Information Systems; Joel Nava, Adobe; Conleth O'Connell, Vignette; Peter
Sharpe, SoftQuad; John Tigue, DataChannel".

Now, how hard was that! ;-)