cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <>
Subject Re: XLink Processor for Cocoon
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 15:47:10 GMT

I think an XLink module in would be endlessly cool (and have
said so for some time).  I don't think people realize yet how cool extended
link support would be.  I personally would love to see this, or some
version of XLink code, become a top-level project.

                    Bruno Dumon
                    <bruno.dumon@k        To:     <>
          >            cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                          Subject:     XLink Processor for Cocoon
                    04:18 AM
                    Please respond
                    to cocoon-dev

We are students, and as part of our final project, we have developed an
processor for Cocoon.
What it actually does is interpreting the XLink descriptions which are
in a XML file and it converts them to simple XLinks, which can then be
to HTML links using an XSLT stylesheet. It may sound simple, but since with

XLink it's possible to describe a link in document A wich actually starts
document B, it's necessary to remember these links. There's also some
for XPointer.

For those who would like to take a look at it, we've made it available at:

It comes with some small demos illustrating the possibilities. Please see
README file in the package for installation instructions. The program is
course) just a 'proof of concept', it's not very well tested.

Bruno Dumon and Bert Meykens

View raw message