cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "David Duddleston" <da...@i2a.com>
Subject C2 Logging
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 04:44:48 GMT

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote
> 4) Internal logging.

> Well, this is in the Cocoon1 todo list but I'll implement it in
> Cocoon2... I saw the IBM Log4j package and sounds pretty good. Another
> option would be to use Avalon's Omero... we'll see.

> Anyway, internal logging will be a must when the pipeline will be in
> place.

This is an old message, but I'm curious if there are still plans for logging
in C2. I would love to see a logging facility that is robust enough to
capture crital errors for alerts(email/page) and monitor informational/debug
messages via a terminal. Lots of possibilities here, but something even
minimal for critical errors would seem like a must?

-david