cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Michel Lehon" <>
Subject RE: (PATCH) Performance bug in Cocoon 1.7.3 MemoryStore :(
Date Mon, 15 May 2000 08:46:10 GMT
> Kevin A. Burton wrote:
> So this is bad :(

mea culpa.

> There is a significant performance bug in the Cocoon MemoryStore in
> Cocoon 1.7.3.  The problem is that Thread.sleep excepts a value in
> milliseconds.  However the documentation and default is a value in
> seconds.  The call to Thread.sleep() wasn't using seconds... it was
> using milliseconds.  Thus the thread was in an infinite loop waiting for
> 100 milliseconds in between requests and was keeping CPU near 100%.

Yep I mixed it all... I kept looking for SoftRefs too much...
I'm surprised it took so much time to get noticed (even more that I did not
took care of it while writing it).

Anyway nice catch Kevin.

michel.sleep(a few more days).

PS: I know now that JDK1.3.0 is out I can start looking at SoftRefs again...
and when the IBM 1.3 for Linux is production I'll be able to compare

View raw message