cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject RE: Is Cocoon going to be harmful for XML?
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 11:04:06 GMT
On 10/5/00 at 12:14 pm, SCoffman@CBSINC.com (COFFMAN Steven) wrote:

>What are the possible rewards for their extra effort of RDF site support?
>1. RDF Crawler search engines will now index their public content, as they
>probably want.
>2. A local RDF search engine will now function, possibly integrating cocoon
>content cohesively with other parts of their website.
>3. RDF will aid in maintenance of the website???
>Any other reasons?

There are people doing site aggregation using these tools.

ie. I can re-purpose relevant parts your content into my content, using RDF or other XML DTDs
as the glue.

hope this helps

regards Jeremy

      Jeremy Quinn                                             media.demon
                                                           webSpace Design
     <mailto:jeremy@media.demon.co.uk>       <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
      <phone:+44.[0].207.737.6831>          <pager:jermq@sms.genie.co.uk>