cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Lavoie <>
Subject Offline and multilingual html generation
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 13:34:33 GMT
Hi guys

A quick question for you guys: how would you handle the following scenario ?

You have to construct a site in 2 or more languages and for obvious reasons
you want to use Cocoon. You also want to minimize the maintenance cost of
the xsl files. To simplify things, the client wants the resulting HTML files
to be in their native language, i.e. for "file" you'd have file.html
(English), fichier.html (French)

You can simplify this further by allowing the client to modify the content
of the files and allow him to translate it.

I can give you my quick view on this, however it might steer you in a
non-original answer :)  Let's just say it involves LDAP, several processors
(you'd think we'd be using XSP by now eh ?  ) and a script to generate the
offline files.

Have fun

PS If this feels too much like work, don't answer it.

View raw message