cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject XSP confusion
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 14:27:57 GMT
Hi all -

Ricardo's announcement that the XSP engine in Cocoon 2 is DOM based while
the rest of Cocoon 2 is SAX based has left me with some design questions.  I
was planning on making all the code in my application use XML directly
(either DOM or SAX depending on what Cocoon 2 was going to use which I
assumed was SAX) rather than using XSP to generate the XML from existing
Java objects (e.g., iterating through a ResultSet or ArrayList, etc).
It seems from a performance standpoint, SAX is the way for me to go but does
this mean that I have to generate DOM objects every time I want to put an
XML element or fragment into an XSP dynamically?

Any thoughts??