cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Washeim <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon with Tomcat, part (n+1) ...
Date Sat, 06 May 2000 17:38:36 GMT
This is further to my last mail:

I did a simple test to see if the resource method for obtaining the conf
file was a problem. I simply edited Cocoon.java and hardcoded the URL:

   //URL resource = config.getServletContext().getResource(confsName);
   URL resource = new URL ("http://localhost/cocoon/cocoon.properties");

And that, worked. To reiterate, my tomcat setup:

SERVER INFO: Tomcat Web Server/3.1 Beta (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.1.8;
Mac OS 9.4 PowerPC; java.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.)

on 6/5/00 6:24 pm, Mark Washeim at esalon@canuck.com wrote:

> on 6/5/00 3:05 pm, Sven Kuenzler at svenk@gmx.net wrote:
>
> SNIP
>
> Looks like the init fails trying to find the conf file. I've downloaded cocoon
> 1.7.3 today and I'm having a similar problem after moving from 1.7.2.
>
> Although the path is correct in the web.xml file, cocoon is throwing:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:135)
>
> When I examine Tomcat's logs:
> java.io.IOException: OSErr: -50
> at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.getResource(Context.java:668)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletContextFacade.getResource(ServletContextFacade.j
> ava:149)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:122)
>
> However, Turbine still finds and loads it's confs. I don't get it.
>
> Incidently,
> SERVER INFO: Tomcat Web Server/3.1 Beta (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.1.8; Mac
> OS 9.4 PowerPC; java.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.)
>
> Perhaps a Servlet 2.2 problem in my case?
>
> Usually I work on a Unix setup (Apache, Jserv 1.x, etc) so I'm not entirely
> certain it's not related to my setup of tomcat???
>
> Mark
>

>> Now after replacing cocoon-1.7.3-dev with the release version, I get the
>> following exception
>> ---
>> Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
>>
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:135)
>> at
>> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:315)
>> at
>> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)
>> at
>> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
>> at

o>> n

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim