cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Washeim <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon with Tomcat, part (n+1) ...
Date Sat, 06 May 2000 16:24:57 GMT
on 6/5/00 3:05 pm, Sven Kuenzler at svenk@gmx.net wrote:

SNIP

Looks like the init fails trying to find the conf file. I've downloaded
cocoon 1.7.3 today and I'm having a similar problem after moving from 1.7.2.

Although the path is correct in the web.xml file, cocoon is throwing:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:135)

When I examine Tomcat's logs:
java.io.IOException: OSErr: -50
    at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.getResource(Context.java:668)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletContextFacade.getResource(ServletContextFacade
.java:149)
    at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:122)

However, Turbine still finds and loads it's confs. I don't get it.

Incidently,
SERVER INFO: Tomcat Web Server/3.1 Beta (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.1.8;
Mac OS 9.4 PowerPC; java.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.)

Perhaps a Servlet 2.2 problem in my case?

Usually I work on a Unix setup (Apache, Jserv 1.x, etc) so I'm not entirely
certain it's not related to my setup of tomcat???

Mark

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.