cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <bruno.du...@kh.khbo.be>
Subject XLink Processor for Cocoon
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 08:18:16 GMT
Hi,

We are students, and as part of our final project, we have developed an XLink
processor for Cocoon.
What it actually does is interpreting the XLink descriptions which are present
in a XML file and it converts them to simple XLinks, which can then be converted
to HTML links using an XSLT stylesheet. It may sound simple, but since with
XLink it's possible to describe a link in document A wich actually starts from
document B, it's necessary to remember these links. There's also some support
for XPointer.

For those who would like to take a look at it, we've made it available at:

http://bewoner.dma.be/bruno2/xlinkstuff.tgz

It comes with some small demos illustrating the possibilities. Please see the
README file in the package for installation instructions. The program is (of
course) just a 'proof of concept', it's not very well tested.

Greetings,

Bruno Dumon and Bert Meykens