cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Livas, Dimitris" <Dimitris.Li...@intarget.com>
Subject Problems with XSP in cocoon 1.7.3
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 06:33:30 GMT
Dear cocoon experts,

I am using cocoon to develop a news publication site in greece.
I was using cocoon 1.7.2 and I had implelented quite some stuff using
the DCP concept.

Now I am using 1.7.3 and following your advice that DCp is deprecated and it
is
good to switch XSP I tried to translate  the DCP pages to XSP pages.

Unfortunatly, i can run all the examples (in the samples directory of the
cocoon
package) except the XSP ones. When I try I get the following error:

Sample URL:
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/xsp/page.xml?message=Hello%20World
ERROR (displayed in the page):

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XS
PJavaPreprocessor.java:116)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XS
PJavaPreprocessor.java:123)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess
(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:81)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet.apply(XSPLogicsheet.java:99)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:375)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:303)
	at
	at
	at
onnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I attach the following:

Cocoon.html:  My Cocoon.xml (status page) saved as htm file.
cocoon.properties
web.xml
tomcat.conf
server.xml

I have made a small modification to Cocoon.java file to make it possible to
read the cocoon.properties file explicitly. Thus the path of the
cocoon.properties
file in web.xml is not used (I 'll try to read the cocoon.properties file
properly
next week).

All my xml, xsl, dcp pages work fine. Why I get an exception when I
try to use a simple XSP page?

Thank you in advance.
Dimitri