cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From MORÁVEK Peter <mora...@pobox.sk>
Subject JServ and sessions (OT)
Date Sun, 14 May 2000 14:30:52 GMT
Hello,

I run JServ1.1 over Apache Server 1.3.9 on WinNT4.0.

My application uses session to track users ... Now I
am adding WAP interface to my application for Nokia 7110
which doesn't support cookies ... So I have changed
the switch "session.useCookies" in zone properties
from true to false to use URL-rewriting. But when I run
my application, the sessions don't work correctly.

Here is my application logic:

CLIENT -> first request  -> SERVER - create session req.getSession(true)
CLIENT <- first response <- SERVER

CLIENT -> secnd request  -> SERVER - obtain session req.getSession(false) -
returns NULL
CLIENT <- secnd response <- SERVER

So I don't know how to track users when the JServ
returns null in second request when session.useCookies is set to false.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance

Peter