cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vjekoslav Nesek <vne...@tis.hr>
Subject ODG: External Entities & bundles
Date Fri, 19 May 2000 06:32:41 GMT

Mike,

In order to use special characters in ResourceBundle (chars with unicode
value > 127), you have to use unicode escapes, for example "Bla\u0234bla"
There is a tool in jdk which allow you to easily escape files written in
any encoding jdk understand (you can find a list of supported encodings
at i18n pard op platform doc).

So, you just write your bundle in any encoding you happen to use and
convert it like this:

native2ascii -encoding Foo-8859-X bar.native.properties bar.properties

Vjeko