cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From John Prevost <prev...@maya.com>
Subject Re: Pipeline conditional model
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 04:07:46 GMT
> I don't like either models so I proposed

> <if>
> <else-if>
> <else>

Um.  Is there really that great a difference between:

<case>
 <when ...>
 </when>
 <when ...>
 </when>
 <otherwise>
 </otherwise>
</case>

and your "if else-if else" model?  As far as I can tell, there is not,
except that the bounds of the subtree covered by the "if else endif"
tags is less clear.

Maybe we should be attacking the really important question: what level
of test can be done in the sitemap, and what must appeal to an outside
definition.  Or more importantly, what do we expect to use in the
sitemap itself?

Once we know what we want to do, then is the right time to address how
exactly to do it.

John.