cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Pipeline conditional model
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 14:19:22 GMT

> This is not visually componentizable. That's the problem.

Agreed.

> It is clear you are failing to see my points.

Having used the Visual Composition Editor that is a part of VAJava, I guess
I have a bias against such things.  But there does appear to be a market
for such things.

Looking at it from a drawing lines between boxes perspective, a more
straightforward approach is to put the conditions on the lines.  The XML
equivalent would be:

   <serializer type="wap" when="response gt 1.5KB" />
   <serializer type="xml" when="response le 1.5KB" />

For more complex cases, you can factor out the computation of the boolean
expression into a separate XML structure, and only allow reference of the
result here.  Similar to <available> in Ant.

- Sam Ruby