cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: XSP Implementation in PERL...
Date Mon, 22 May 2000 11:55:02 GMT

Matt Sergeant wrote:
>> Coincidentially enough, right now I'm working on multiple language
>> support (compiled Rhino Javascript, BSF multi-language will follow
>> shortly).
>
>BSF?

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/bsf

Quick synopsis: enables Java to call scripting languages, and scripting
languages to call Java.

Once the integration between XSP (for Java!) and BSF is complete, I believe
that both XSP implementations should be able to process the exact same
pages (i.e., without modifing the scripts).  The (rather small) subset of
people who want to use multiple languages on their web site will therefore
use the Java implementation as the base, whereas the majority of Perl users
will likely prefer your implementation.

- Sam Ruby