cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: [wanna laught?] Microsoft invented XML
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 09:45:02 GMT

Niclas Hadhman wrote:

> Write-Once-Run-Everywhere is THE THING, and anyone who doesn't get that,
> should go back and hack C++ on  a dozen Unices.

I agree.

However, I for one don't buy into the dire consequences that many predict
would occur if Java were open sourced.  Nor do I believe that open source
is quite the panacea that some would seem to believe.

But I do believe that Java would be available more places, and the JDKs
themselves would have a few less bugs, if the JDK itself was open source.
In my mind, these are the two biggest impediments to "WORA".

- Sam Ruby