cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From COFFMAN Steven <SCoff...@CBSINC.com>
Subject RE: Infrasearch
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 13:32:07 GMT
Whoops. Forgot the URLs:
http://www.infrasearch.com/
http://www.infrasearch.com/about.html
-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: COFFMAN Steven [mailto:SCoffman@CBSINC.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 9:30 AM
To: 'cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: Infrasearch

Hi,
	I think I found a piece that will help with making Cocoon semantic
search friendly as Stefano expounded upon the need for.

	The Gnutella folks have come up with InfraSearch, a way to use
Gnutella as a search engine aggregator...sorta. Infrasearch passes a query
to any of the participating clients, whether they are search engines or
websites, and displays their responses. The mechanism by which all the

However, if cocoon had a local search that it could respond to the
InfraSearch queries with, it would be instantly part of the Stefano
Knowledge Web. Then we could leave it to the Infrasearch folks to work out
how to sort Cocoon site responses.

I still don't know where to find the local Cocoon search piece. Maybe DAML
or IBM.

-Steve