cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From COFFMAN Steven <SCoff...@CBSINC.com>
Subject RE: WebLogic 5.1 / Cocoon 1.7.3 / XSP error almost fixed but stil l one problem...
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 19:40:28 GMT
Version.java (part of org.apache.fop.apps package) is the class that tells
what version of FOP you are using.

Is the fop.jar in your classpath? (I have no clue about the FO2PDFFormatter)

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Laplante [mailto:plaplante@vanteon.com]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2000 3:35 PM
To: Cocoon Dev
Subject: WebLogic 5.1 / Cocoon 1.7.3 / XSP error almost fixed but still
one problem...

Ok... I finally understand the classpath stuff.  The reason why I was having
the following error:
java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for _test.java
6: Package org.w3c.dom not found in import.

     import org.w3c.dom.*;

            ^

was because my SERVERCLASSPATH in weblogic was not set properly...

I am pass that error and now I got this one (below the line) which I have no
clue how to solve.
It seems to be unable to find the FO2PDFFormatter, but I have checked in
cocoon.jar and it is there.
And cocoon.jar is in my serverclasspath.  THe thing I don't quite understand
is that (org/apache/fop/apps/version)  what the hell is that??

Any Clues... Someone...
Pat

Cocoon 1.7.3

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.formatter.FO2PDFFormatter: make sure the needed classes
can be found in the classpath (org/apache/fop/apps/Version)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:114)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java, Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:101)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:171)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:201)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:140)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java
:390)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.ja
va, Compiled Code)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.jav
a:338)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:16
4)
	at
:99)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:742)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:686)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java:247)
	at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:361)
	at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:261)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled
Code)

Warning: this page has been dynamically generated.

Copyright (c) 1999-2000 The Apache XML Project.
All rights reserved.