cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject XSP in Cocoon2
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 14:26:36 GMT
Is there anyone else getting the same problem as me?  I want to be able
to understand the system a little better before I work on docs, but this

last bit of configuration remains.

I am using the latest CVS as of 10:00 AM today(5/31/2000).

I get the following exception from Cocoon when I access the test page
for XSP:

Cocoon 2.0: Exception

Class: org.apache.arch.ComponentNotAccessibleException
Message: Can't access class
org.apache.cocoon.generators.ServerPagesGenerator with role
generator:serverpages due to a
org.apache.arch.ComponentNotAccessibleException(Can't access class
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl
with
role program-generator due to a
org.apache.arch.ComponentNotAccessibleException(Can't access class
org.apache.arch.named.NamedComponentManagerImpl with role factory due to
a org.apache.arch.config.ConfigurationException(null
(file:/D:/Cocoon-2.0a1/cocoon.xconf line 30))))

org.apache.arch.ComponentNotAccessibleException: Can't access class
org.apache.cocoon.generators.ServerPagesGenerator with role
generator:serverpages due to a
org.apache.arch.ComponentNotAccessibleException(Can't access class
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl
with role program-generator due to a
org.apache.arch.ComponentNotAccessibleException(Can't access class
org.apache.arch.named.NamedComponentManagerImpl with role factory due to
a org.apache.arch.config.ConfigurationException(null
(file:/D:/Cocoon-2.0a1/cocoon.xconf line 30))))
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.getComponent(Cocoon.java)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.GenericProcessor.process(GenericProcessor.java)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapPartition.process(SitemapPartition.java)

        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap.process(Sitemap.java)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java)
        at

        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Component not accessible
[...]

org.apache.cocoon.generators.ServerPagesGenerator.setComponentManager(ServerPagesGenerator.java)

        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.getComponent(Cocoon.java)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.GenericProcessor.process(GenericProcessor.java)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapPartition.process(SitemapPartition.java)

        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap.process(Sitemap.java)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java)
        at

        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The Server log gives me this:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.setAdditionalConfiguration(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java)

        at
org.apache.arch.named.AbstractNamedComponent.setConfiguration(AbstractNamedComponent.java)

        at
org.apache.arch.named.NamedComponentManagerImpl.setConfiguration(NamedComponentManagerImpl.java)

        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.getComponent(Cocoon.java)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.setComponentManager(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java)

[...]

I included the cocoon.xconf file (pretty much the standard one from CVS
with
one addition for a test I ran using fo2pdf.  BTW: PDF generation is a
little
slower than 1.7.4 on my machine (I know it's alpha), but the caching
machanism
makes up for it.  Excellent job so far!

The sitemap rocks!  It's great to be able to access the same information

with different views--without embedding the unsightly PIs in the doc.