cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 Design
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 19:28:21 GMT
Neeme Praks wrote:

> Actually I have started to get some vision, how Turbine would fit in
> Cocoon.

I've thought about weeks ago and came to the conclusion that there must
be better ways that integrating Turbine (maybe) as a generator.

> As I already mentioned, actions are for "pure" logic and can be
> implemented as java classes. And I would prefer to use XSP as "screens".

I would instead suggest you to talk to Jeremy on this list. His is
trying to specify a taglib for form handling. Turbine screens are mostly
made to paint a (html) form (and that's why I thought about implementing
Turbine as a generator). But I've learnd that XML might have other
solutions to that problem. But (as a hint for Jeremy) maybe we do not
have to think in too big pictures and be pragmatic in making a form
taglib simple (because it mainly addresses to html).

> The use of Xincludes should remove the need to use "navigations" and
> "layouts" for display.

This make absolute sense. It could also be done at the XSLT step when
transforming the xml into html.

> And the use of Cocoon sitemap authorization
> features should also remove the need to use "layouts" for authorization.
>
> So, the only things left would be "actions" and "screens". Actions would
> be java classes and screens would be XSP pages...
> Still have to spend some more time on this, though...
>
> Neeme

Giacomo