cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 Design WAS: [cocoon 2] removing bottenecks
Date Sun, 28 May 2000 22:27:06 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> >Same here. It's always a pleasure to test our ideas against different
> >views.
>
> Stefano,
>
> I don't know if this is the right time, but remember that "Layout"
> idea that was knocking around a while ago?
>
> It was to do with laying our regions of the "page", defining
> resources to be transformed into each one. People had it confused
> with Frames ....
>
> As you are growing the SiteMap in such interesting directions, I was
> wonder if this fits in.

For what I see, this is completely orthogonal from a sitemap
perspective.

I mean, even if not possible, the sitemap will allow components and URI
to be assembled to create what you need.

If not, well, I agree we have a problem since layout-driven publishing
is probably the most common way to do things on paper and should be like
that on digital media too.

But I don't see where the sitemap could limit that operation, XInclude
filters will allow the generation of a page by constructing fragments of
other URIs, each of them, using a different pipeline.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.