cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Kuenzler <sv...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: writing a producer
Date Sun, 28 May 2000 16:21:23 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

> I was trying to write a producer to handle CGI requests with XML output.
> But already in the begining I go a realy weird error from cocoon trying
> to call my producer.
>
> Always as I restarted apache and tried it out it would work perfectly.
> But as I would try it out again hiting the reload button of my browser
> cocoon would give me this error message:

I haven't written any cocoon producer yet, so I don't know whether my
assumptions are correct. But I suppose that such a producer is loaded
once when it is called for the first time and then kept in memory.

If this is true, your problem would be that you are not resetting your
tmpString variable in getStream. IMHO, one should not use  variables
called t[e]mp.* (thus indicating temporary use) in class context anyway.

Conclusion: Try cut-pasting the line

> String tmpLine="";

into your getStream() method.

 HTH,
   Sven....

--
We must admit that looking at progress bars does not qualify as working
	-- Apocalypse Geek